Nowadays, there are many ways for women to improve their appearance such as caring skin, styling hair and so on. Besides, Wearing hair extensions is one of the most popular methods usually applied by females. Among hair extensions that are common in recent days, a lace front wig is loved so much for its convenience. Do you know that to create a lace front wig is a sophisticated process? But honestly, trimming the excess lace of the wig also needs some carefulness. So today, we will show you how to cut a lace front wig properly.
What is a lace front wig?
The front lace wig includes two parts, the front and the back. The front is called the lace part that there is hair knotted by hand while the back part is elastic covering the whole scalp. To make it more natural and realistic, hairs are usually tied separately into the piece of lace front. Lace front wig is able to be designed away from the face to cover the hairline meanwhile the scalp is still seen via the sheer mesh.
Also like full lace wig, the lace front wig gives your hair natural beauty and versatility as well. In general, the lace front wig gives wearers with a natural appearance with a real-looking hairline. So, you can feel confident and comfortable to use this hair extension. If you want to find out more about different hair extensions like bulk hair, weave hair, etc., welcome you to Luxshinehair, one of the leading companies about great hair extensions.
How to cut a lace front wig?
According to a survey, a lot of girls have a difficulty in cutting the front lace. When you wear a front lace, it is necessary for you to trim the excess lace hanging over the forehead so that the wig looks more natural. To be honest, this process is not easy, which requires a skillful hand, a good pair of scissors and much patience. But, compared with cutting a full wig, cutting a lace front wig seems easier so much. So, don’t worry, now we will show you some steps to trim the front lace properly and quickly.
7 simple steps to cut the lace front wig
- Determine where the center of the lace front wig is and then use a thin hair clip to mark the position of its center. After sliding the clip, the lace front wig will be divided into 2 pieces on each side of that thin hair clip.
- Use two other big hair clips to keep the hair on both sides of the center-making clip. By this way, you will not trim any stray hair strands.
- You need to use a good pair of scissors to cut the long and fluid lines, which limits jagged edges. Take off about a quarter of the lace around the font as well as sides of the front lace wig. Why should you trim just small parts of lace instead of cutting all at once? Because if you cutting too much lace, the wig can be ruined.
- Clear away the thin clip that marks the center of the wig. But still keep the two clips which holds the hairs on two sides. You can adjust these clips if necessary.
- After that, you ought to cut the lace from the back to the beginning of the hairline in the front. Remember to use your fingers to pull the lace tightly so that strokes look smooth and soft.
- The next step is to cut the sides of the wig. It is unnecessary to cut all the lace along the hairline. Leave about an eighth-inch of the lace because this part is very hard to see and it looks like your forehead area.
- Check the cut lace again to make sure that no jaggy edges are left. The most important thing is that the lace, especially the lace around the forehead area, is trimmed totally smooth and even.
See more: lace closure straight dark brown hair
What To Remember?
Always remember that if you cut the lace front wig improperly, the texture of the wig can be destroyed.
In case, you can’t be confident to cut it by yourself, the best way is to have a professional hairstylist to cut the lace for you. This is the safest method if you want to have the gorgeous lace front wig.
What do you think about our sharing above? We hope that these tips to cut the lace front wig will be useful to you. So, you can completely cut the lace front wig at home. Wish you success!